Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Walt Wilkins - Plenty

Walt Wilkins is a visionary in the Texas songwriting world. Using just the right mix of Country, Folk, Americana and Soul, Walt can take you to a place you've never been and make you feel at home.  This album stands up with the other great WW albums like Mustang Island, Rivertown and Hopewell. Every track on this album just feels right. A collection of 12 songs and I don't skip any of them. Picking a favorite song from this collection would be impossible. However, one of my favorites is "Between Midnight and Day". This song includes the line "This life that I live is mostly a gift from these songs I play, and they've been fine companions between midnight and day". Perfection Walt, pure perfection.

 Now, go do yourself a favor and head on over to iTunes or Amazon and buy this album.  While you're there, I recommend taking a preview of some of the other stuff.  Especially the "Rivertown" album.  One of my favorites.

I'd like to mention the coolest thing about this guy.  He's just a great human being.  I suggest you check out this project he and his band The Mystiqueros worked on called "Vigil"...  Great story.  Get yourself some great music and help a great cause in the process.

I cannot wait to see Walt live.  We may be planning our next vacation around his shows in Texas!  I love Texas anyway, so why not take in a great show and hopefully meet a hero!

No comments: