Well, if you have read my reviews you know, I really came down hard on The Boss' new album "Magic". Well, since I am finally going to get to see him live in Aug. I decided to dig out the new stuff and get real familiure with it. I want to be able to follow all the songs he does. So after listening to this album again about 3 times, I have to re-rate it.
If you listen to rock radio, you have probably already heard "Radio Nowhere". Like that song, many of the others had to grow on me first. That is unusual for a Springsteen album. However, it is refreshing that he isn't afraid to try something new. He doesn't just release the same music with different names and places referenced. The good thing is this is still an E. Street Band record as well. I am just as much a fan of the band as I am of Bruce. Anyway, so if you like the Born in the USA album and if you liked new stuff like The Rising, you should go get Magic. However don't judge it on just 1 spin. Remember, let it grow on you. I now give this album 3.5/5 Stars.
Thursday, July 24, 2008
Re-Review: Bruce Springsteen - Magic
Labels:
album review,
Bruce Springsteen,
classic rock,
magic,
music review
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment